Frequently Asked Questions
Mattresses, Toppers, Futon
What's the difference between your mattress models?
1. The New Airweave Mattress is 8" thick, softer, and ships in 2 boxes so assembly is required. Comes with 3 airfiber® pieces, pillow top layer and 2 covers
2. The New Airweave Mattress Advanced is 11" thick, has 3 different firmness options with all three modular pieces having a different firmness level on either side (DUAL MODE), and ships in 3 boxes so assembly is required. DUAL MODE technology lets you choose your firmness for your lower back to achieve proper spine alignment for all body types. Comes with 2 DUAL MODE Moderate/Soft airfiber® pieces and 1 DUAL MODE Moderate/Firm airfiber® piece, 2 pillow top layer, and 2 covers
3. The Mattress Advanced is 8.5" thick, has 2 firmness options (DUAL MODE), and ships in 2 boxes so assembly is required. DUAL MODE technology lets you choose your firmness for your lower back to achieve proper spine alignment for all body types. Comes with 2 regular firmness airfiber® pieces, 1 DUAL MODE airfiber® piece, 1 pillow top layer, and 2 covers
4. The airweave Mattress is our older model that is 8.5" thick, firm, and ships in 1 box via freight. It does not have 3 airfiber® pieces like the New Airweave and Advanced.
Click here to see direct comparisons of all our different mattress models.
What's the difference between the Top Mattress and Top Mattress Luxe?
- The Top Mattress is our base model that’s perfect for anyone looking to add additional support, firmness, and breathability to their existing mattress.
- The Top Mattress Luxe is our higher-end mattress topper model with softer airfiber® at the shoulders making it great for side sleepers.
- The Top Mattress has a removable outer cover made of a breathable mesh.
- The Top Mattress Luxe has a removable outer cover with 2 different sides: one for cooler weather that is made of a quilted brushed poly/cotton, and the other is a breathable mesh for when it’s hotter.
- The Top Mattress airfiber® core thickness is 1.8", and has a total thickness of 2.0” with the outer cover on.
- Top Mattress Luxe: airfiber® core thickness is 1.4", and has a total thickness of 2.4" with the outer cover on.
Click here to see direct comparisons of all our Top Mattress models.
Can the Top Mattress or Top Mattress Luxe be used as a standalone Sleep Surface?
We don't recommend using either model be used directly on the floor or bed frame as the airfiber® material may deteriorate faster and will not be covered under our 10 year warranty. We recommend the airweave Futon for anyone looking for a standalone mattress alternative.
Up to what individual body weight is ideal for an airweave?
We have tested our mattresses for individuals up to 220lbs. At this weight or lower, you should expect to use your mattress for 10-15 years. For any individuals above 220lbs you may see body indents and wear sooner
What type of bed frame do you recommend?
airweave mattresses can work on any type of bed frame with the exception of adjustable beds. Having tried a lot of types ourselves at the airweave HQ, we prefer the platform bed frame with a flat surface (no slats) the most. If you prefer a bed frame with slats we recommend that the slats are no further than 2 inches apart. If the slats are any further apart it may make the mattress feel uneven due to its modular setup. We do not recommend the Futon be used on a bed frame with slats. The Futon should be used either directly on the floor (i.e. traditional Japanese style) or on another futon or mattress (i.e. mattress topper style).
Does airweave work on an adjustable bed?
Our Mattress, Mattress Advanced, New Airweave Mattress, and New Airweave Mattress Advanced are not suitable for adjustable beds. Our material will not conform to the frame if in a high seated position. Toppers may see faster deterioration if in a bent position over extended amounts of time.
Does airweave require a box spring?
No a box spring is not required but can certainly be used if you'd like.
Are your mattresses flame retardant?
Yes. All of our mattresses have passed rigorous testing to prove flame retardant. Like most major sleep product brands, our Mattress and Mattress Advanced contain the necessary flame retardant chemicals required by law to pass the testing in a fire sock. The fire sock (inner cover) should not be washed and handled with care.
Our Top Mattress, Top Mattress Luxe, Futon and Portable models do not contain any additives to the material in order to pass flame retardant tests.
Flame retardants are a key component in reducing the devastating impact of fires on people, property and the environment.
Is there any off-gassing or smell to the products?
There is no off-gassing that occurs from our products. If there is any smell, possibly from the packaging, it should dissipate within 48 hours.
Should I use a mattress protector?
No, we do not recommend. Adding an extra layer may limit the benefits of airweave's breathability. In addition, our mattress covers can be easily removed and machine washed and the airfiber® core can be rinsed with cool water.
Should I flip my mattress?
You may flip and rotate the airfiber® core pieces of the New Airweave Mattress, Futon, and Top Mattress.
The New airweave Mattress Advanced is composed of 3 blocks with different firmnesses on each side so flipping would change the firmness of the bed. It is ok to rotate each individual block.
Can I use an electric blanket?
No, we do not recommend. Being that our core material is made of plastic, you might cause damage with the heat from an electric blanket.
How should I store my Futon or Toppers?
Our Futon and both Top Mattress models fold into thirds making it easy to store. Please note that if you plan to store either product for extended periods of time that you may begin to see indentations at the folds of the product. This is natural and is to be expected if in a bent position and will not be covered under warranty. Do not place heavy object on top.
Any tips to help me adjust to an airweave mattress better?
If it is feeling too firm, a very affordable mattress pad can be added to the mattress while your body adjusts. This recommendation comes directly from customers and was part of the reason we created the airweave Mattress Advanced. You may find that the cooling benefits diminish slightly but you'll feel more comfortable. During your 100 night trial we recommend testing out new sleep positions and eliminate any bad habits. Sleeping on your back (known to be the healthiest sleep position) and side are the most popular sleep positions for our customers.
Will airweave remove my old mattress?
We're happy to announce we have partnered with LoadUp to provide mattress removal services for all of our customers.
Here's a link to purchase your mattress removal.
Cancellations requests must either before the removal service is scheduled or within 47 hours of the scheduled removal date.
We must receive your cancellation request via phone, live chat, or email during normal business hours Monday-Friday between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST.
There is a $50.00 cancellation fee for any cancellation requests made outside of the given time frames.
Starting on January 1, 2021 a new California state law requires any company that sells a mattress or futon to also provide a free removal service of the old item within 30 days of the delivery of the new product.
*Please note if you are not shipping a new mattress or futon to California and have added the California removal option to cart, you will not be able to check out until this is removed from your cart.*
How does airweave keep me in a deeper sleep?
There are many factors that go into what might be preventing you from getting the best sleep possible. One of those, which we may not even realize, is that you may be using too much energy when turning while asleep (yes we are still using energy while we sleep!). If you have a mattress that you're sinking into, then you're using more energy which could wake you up at night. Or maybe you're partner is moving and you're waking up from their motion transfer. Our mattress has been designed to provide you ease of movement and very low level of motion transfer through our highly resilient and extra supportive material that has you feeling like you're floating on top rather than sinking.
Waking up at night due to feeling too hot, hotspots on your mattress or even too cold? Airweave has a highly breathable design that allows natural airflow and helps regulate your core body temperature. We've tested airweave against memory foam and have shown that airweave can significantly lower your core body temperature which means you feel comfortable all night. For more information click here: https://www.airweave.com/pages/sleep-study-core-body-temperature-improved-performance
How does airweave regulate body temperature?
airfiber® disperses body heat and the heat of a blanket thanks to the unique ability to allow airflow through the material. Airweave gets rid of the usual problem of uncomfortable hotspots that most mattresses generate. Control the temperature of your overall sleep environment with the blankets you choose. During the winter, add a warmer blanket to hold in warmer, dispersed air. For warmer months, use a lightweight blanket and you'll enjoy a cooler airflow.
Will airweave help relieve lower back pressure, aches & pains?
For some, airweave has shown to improve users' quality sleep by eliminating aches and pains through ease of pressure and improved spinal alignment. Before trying airweave, we strongly recommend you consult with a medical professional about your symptoms. If you find that a firmer, supportive sleep surface is what you need to relieve pressure and pain, then airweave is the solution for you! For more information visit: https://www.airweave.com/pages/mattress-for-back-joint-pain
What makes airweave eco-friendly?
By design, airweave has a lower carbon footprint and less waste than most traditional mattress brands. For more information visit: https://www.airweave.com/pages/eco-friendly-mattress
- inner core material is made of one of the safest and most suitable for recycling plastics
- during production, less energy is needed to form our mattress and emission of harmful substances and waste is minimal
- airweave is very lightweight, which means its more efficient less polluting to transport
- we work to ensure that every airweave mattress we dispose of is either recycled or donated and not thrown into a landfill!
- With the airweave Mattress Advanced, you're investing in a mattress that you can keep for a lifetime because we offer the ability to purchase replacement parts rather than require you to throw away your old mattress and purchase an entirely new mattress. That's a win for your wallet and the environment.
What is airfiber®?
airfiber® is the newest innovation in sleep surface technology.
1. Proprietary technology that enhances recovery during sleep through high rebound & resilience.
2. The unique core material used in all airweave products.
3. Adds benefits like easy/natural turnover, even distribution of weight, dispersion of body heat to help keep you in a deeper more restful sleep.
What is the material makeup of airfiber®?
airfiber® is made of food-grade polyethylene.
All products are BPA FREE and hypo-allergenic.
What are the dimensions and weight of the New airweave Mattress?
Twin: 39.4" X 74.8" X 7.9”, 44 lbs
Twin XL: 39.4" X 79.9" X 7.9”, 47 lbs
Full: 53.1" X 74.8" X 7.9”, 59.5 lbs
Queen: 59.8" X 79.9" X 7.9”, 71.5 lbs
King: 76" X 79.9" X 7.9”, 90.5 lbs
CAL King: 71.7" X 83.9" X 7.9”, 89.5 lbs
What are the dimensions and weight of the New airweave Mattress Advanced?
Twin: 39.4” X 74.8” X 11”, 58 lbs
Twin XL: 39.4” X 79.9” X 11”, 61.5 lbs
Full: 53” X 74.8” X 11”, 78 lbs
Queen: 60” X 79.9” X 11”, 94.5 lbs
King: 76” X 79.9” X 11”, 120 lbs
CAL King: 71.7” X 83.9” X 11”, 118.5 lbs
What are the dimensions and weight of the Futon?
Twin: 40” X 75” X 2.8”, 15.4 lbs
Twin XL: 40” X 80” X 2.8”, 16.6 lbs
Full: 54” X 75” X 2.8”, 22 lbs
Queen: 61” X 81” X 2.8”, 26.3 lbs
King: 77” X 81” X 2.8”, 33.4 lbs
CAL King: 72” X 84” X 2.8”, 33.2 lbs
What are the dimensions and weight of your Top Mattress?
Twin: 39.4” X 75.6” X 2”, 10.5 lbs
Twin XL: 39.4” X 80” X 2”, 11.2 lbs
Full: 53” X 74.8” X 2”, 14.3 lbs
Queen: 59.8” X 80” X 2”, 17.4 lbs
King: 76” X 80” X 2”, 33.4 lbs
CAL King: 71.7” X 84” X 2”, 33.2 lb
Please note that the average weight of the box is 6 lbs.
How do I wash my airweave product?
- The cover may be washed in a household washing machine.
- Dry in a well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight.
- Avoid hanging out to dry for long periods.
- Do not place covers in a dryer or iron.
- Wash inner airfiber® with lukewarm water below 40C/104F by hand
- Do not wash airfiber® in the washing machine.
- Dry in a well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight.
- Do not wash the fire sock (inner cover) on the New airweave Mattress and New airweave Mattress Advanced.
- Learn more about our 100% washable products here: https://www.airweave.com/pages/the-cleanest-mattress-on-earth
Is your company address a showroom?
No! Unfortunately we don't have our own showroom but we do have a few showroom partners who have our products on display for you to try out. Please click on the the link to see a list of all our partners.
Do airweave products have a warranty?
Airweave provides a limited warranty up to 10 years on our Mattress, Mattress Advanced, New airweave Mattress, and New airweave Mattress Advanced.
Airweave provides a limited warranty up to 3 years on our Top Mattress, Top Mattress Luxe, Futon, Portable, and our Ritz Paris Collection models (Portable and Traveler).
Airweave provides a 1 year warranty on the airfiber® inserts of the S-Line Pillow.
Airweave does not provide a warranty for our Seat Cushion, Pillow, and Hyperdown Duvets.
To review each warranty, please click here.
How do I place an order?
You can place an order at www.airweave.com. You will receive an email confirming your order that includes your order number. If you prefer to order by phone, please call us at 1-800-407-1500 from 9 AM - 5 PM EST Monday - Friday.
What should I do if I am having trouble placing an order?
For any technical difficulties you are experiencing with our website, please contact our online call center at 1-800-407-1500 from 9 AM - 5 PM EST Monday - Friday.
What payment methods can I use to place an order?
www.airweave.com accepts major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, JCB, and American Express. We are unable to accept international credit cards for online purchases. These payment methods could change in the future without notice.
Can I cancel my order?
Yes, you can cancel your order as long as we have not sent you a tracking number. Once a tracking number is sent via email the order can no longer be canceled.
How will I know when my order ships?
Once your order has a tracking number, it will automatically be sent to you via the email your provided in your order. Depending on the order, please allow 1-7 business days to receive the tracking number. If you do not receive the email after 7 business days, please contact us and we will assist you as soon as possible.
When can I expect my order?
- Our mattresses is oversized packages and requires delivery via a freight delivery service. You will still receive a tracking number and will be able to track your shipment.
- A representative from our freight service will contact you to schedule the last leg of the delivery once it arrives at a local fulfillment facility near you.
- All deliveries must be scheduled Monday - Friday.
- Please allow additional handling time at the warehouse of approximately 2-3 days and 1-2 weeks for delivery. Depending on order volume this could be up to 3-5 days.
- We’ll be sure to make it clear on our product pages if there is an unusual delay due to overwhelming order volume.
- White Glove Service - We have partnered with LoadUp to offer an installation/assembly service for our airweave mattresses.
Can I get Saturday Delivery? If you are curious about Saturday delivery, please contact us and we can see if your local freight dispatch can accommodate along with a price quote. In the event that we can offer this service, there is an additional fee that we will need to send an invoice for prior to finalizing the delivery appointment.
For all other products: 5-7 business days.
- These are considered standard size and are shipped via parcel services such as FedEx or UPS.
- Any orders shipping parcel that are placed before 5am EST will ship same-day.
- Orders considered parcel shipments placed after 5am EST will ship next day.
- Once the order leaves our warehouse please expect the shipping to take 3-5 business days.
For multiple items:
- Depending on what the items are, each one will ship as described above.
Does airweave.com ship internationally or to Alaska or Hawaii?
airweave.com currently can only ship every product within the 48 contiguous states but we are working on expanding! Please sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know when we begin shipping elsewhere.
Hawaii & Canada: we can ship certain products (with the exception of our mattress models in King and Cal King) via FedEx. Please get in touch with us with the item, size and your address so we can get you a shipping quote. Free shipping does not apply.
For Japan, visit http://airweave.jp/
For Taiwan, visit http://airweave.tw/
For China, visit http://airweave.cn/
What should I do if I only received a partial shipment?
It is possible your shipment was split based on product availability, and that the missing items will be shipped when they become available. Please contact us at 1-800-407-1500 from 9 AM - 5 PM EST Monday - Friday to report an incomplete shipment, and we will check the status of your missing items. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
What should I do if I think my shipment is lost?
Please contact us at 1-800-407-1500 from 9 AM - 5 PM EST Monday - Friday, and we will initiate a thorough search of your shipment with the transit company.
What should I do if my shipment arrived damaged?
If your order was damaged in-transit please contact us at
1-800-407-1500 from 9 AM - 5 PM EST Monday - Friday to report a damaged shipment. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Why am I seeing a recycling fee when I check out?
Certain states require retailers to collect a small fee at checkout for each mattress sold to fund their recycling efforts.
States include California ($10.50), Connecticut ($9.00) and Rhode Island ($16.00). The fees are transferred to the state and mandated by law. The Mattress Recycling Council (MRC), a nonprofit organization established by the mattress industry, created and manages the program. The MRC utilizes a network of organizations to effectively pickup, transport and recycle old mattresses within government regulations. Learn more.
What is the airweave return policy?
We want to ensure your complete satisfaction. Since it may take some time for your body to adjust to the firmness of our products we require a minimum trial period of 30 nights within the full 100 night return policy. That way we can ensure you've given your body enough time to try and adjust to your New airweave Mattress, New airweave Mattress Advanced, Top Mattress, Top Mattress Luxe, Futon, Portable, or Ritz Paris Collection product. If you are not completely satisfied you are eligible for a partial refund in the form of the original payment as long as you get in touch within 100 days from when your item was delivered AND you have tried the product for a minimum of 30 days. If you choose to return one of the items above you will be subject to a $200 return service fee.
All sales are FINAL for our accessories excluding the airweave Portable and Ritz Collection products. If you receive an order that is defective, damaged or was shipped incorrectly, you must keep the item in its original packaging with all tags in tact and contact us at email@example.com within 48 hours of receiving your order for immediate assistance. See return policies for details.
When can I expect my refund?
Please expect a refund within 5-7 days after the removal service of your airweave product(s).
What is the return policy if I purchased an airweave product not from airweave.com?
For purchases made on Amazon or Rakuten we do not offer a 100 night trial. All products must be returned unused, in new condition. A $200 restocking fee applies to any Mattress, Futon or Topper. For any other third party retailer you may have purchased from, please contact the company for details on their policies.